The best websites voted by users
Friend at Court is the book of rules and regulations under which tennis is played in the United States. It includes the ITF Rules of Tennis, The Code, and USTA Regulations. It is recommended reading for players, parents, coaches, teachers, tournament directors, league officials and anyone who wants a finer understanding of the game.
Tennis Rules. Object of the Game. The game of tennis played on a rectangular court with a net running across the centre. The aim is to hit the ball over the net ... Players & Equipment. Scoring. Winning the Game. Rules of Tennis.
For a tennis player to win a game, he/she must win with at least a two point lead. If the score is tied at 40 to 40 (what is called as a “Deuce”), a player must earn two consecutive points (an “Advantage” point and “Point”) to win the game. If the player who has an “Advantage” point loses the next point,...
Learn about TENNIS RULES & regulations. Find all the rules: the height of the net, serving rules, scoring rules and much more. Also check out our beginners guide to the game of tennis.
Tennis Rules State that you can play either a best of 5 sets or best of 3 sets match. In big tournaments women play 3 set matches and men play 5 set matches but they can go on for hours so it is purely your choice. Of course you could just play one or two sets if you are practising.
Top 10 results many people are interested in
· Tennis, game in which two opposing players (singles) or pairs of players (doubles) use tautly strung rackets to hit a ball of a specified size, weight, and bounce over a net on a rectangular court. Points are awarded whenever the opponent fails to return the ball within the prescribed dimensions of …
Tennis is required to be played in a regulation size tennis court. This means that it has to be 78 feet long (23.77 m) and 27 feet (8.23 m) wide (for singles matches) or 36 …
Rules of Table Tennis. Welcome to the Rules Page. Here you will find the basic rules of table tennis, as well as the Official Table Tennis Rules Documents from both USA Table Tennis and the ...
Tennis is a sport where “love” means zero, and the scoring system is different for games, sets and matches. We get it: that's confusing. Thanks to the USTA Officiating department, it doesn't have to be. This handy guide will teach you the basics of scoring, and playing the sport for a lifetime,...
Rules and Scoring The rules of tennis. Your browser does not currently recognize any of the video formats available. 10-and-under tennis rules. All 10-and-under competitions are required to use low-compression balls... Scoring. Games, sets, tiebreaks, advantage sets, tiebreak sets – there’s a lot ...
As guardians of the game, the ITF is responsible for the rules of tennis. You can submit an application to the Rules of Tennis Committee to propose amendments to the rules using the form below. The Grand Slam rule book is implemented and enforced by the Grand Slam Board. The set of procedural rules that govern the process by which the ITF ...
· The tennis scoring system is a well thought out set of rules and guidelines specifically designed to guarantee a winner at the end of a tennis game, set, or match. Contrary to a number of sports, the outcome in tennis competition never results in a ‘tie’.
· Category: Tennis Serving Rules Rule on the Second Serve. August 7, 2011. by ahmcgowan. If the first serve is a fault, the server must serve again without delay from behind. the same half of the court from which that fault was served, unless the serve was. from the wrong half.
Doubles Tennis Rules. The only significant difference in the rules between singles and doubles tennis is the boundaries. In doubles tennis, the ball can land within the doubles alley. Doubles tennis is played using the full width of the court. In doubles, players on each team also alternate between serving or playing up at the net.
· You need to lead at least two points to win your tennis match. If the score is 40-40, this is we call “Deuce.” Then you must have to obtain two consecutive points to win the match. If both players have won a consecutive point, then, it is again a “Deuce.” These are the basic rules of tennis scoring.
Points in tennis get awarded in scores represented by 15, 30, and 40. According to the main rules of tennis 15 will represent 1 point, 30 means 2 points, and 40 results in 3 points. Scoring 4 points wins the game. Tennis games often land on a score of 40-40 (known as 'deuce' in tennis terminologies). A player needs to win 2 by consecutive points to win a game after reaching deuce.
· “Weird” Tennis Rules: Reaching Over The Net. July 19, 2010 by Kim Selzman. If you're going to put a lot of time, effort and money into playing tennis, you should also put some time and effort into learning the rules of tennis. I'm a huge advocate of knowing the rules because points, games and matches are won and lost based on the proper ...
The rules and regulations for the Women's ITF World Tennis Tour - which serves as the entry level for women's professional tennis - can be downloaded here. The rules and regulations for the Men's ITF World Tennis Tour - which serves as the entry level for men's professional tennis - can be downloaded here. The rules and regulations for the ITF ...
· Tennis Hot Shots is the national starter tennis programme for New Zealand children. With almost 200 venues nationwide, it’s easy to start playing! Cardio Tennis is the high energy highlight of your week! It’s a fun, social, group tennis-fitness programme for all ages and abilities - even non-tennis players. Adult Social Tennis.
Top Trending Game Searches