The best websites voted by users
· A rare look inside the Svalbard Global Seed Vault which is closed ~350 days a year Check out Audible: http://bit.ly/AudibleVe More info on the seed vault: ht...
Hidden deep in the Arctic ice, the Svalbard Global Seed Vault protects the Earth's crop diversity. Now, 10 years after its construction, the vault must be made even more impregnable to withstand climate change.
A visit to the Svalbard Global Seed Vault. In this short documentary, we catch a fascinating glimpse into the world’s northernmost and coldest seed bank, situated deep within the permafrost. The seed vault is built to contain 4,5 million different seed samples from all over the world, ensuring that biodiverse plant life can be restored even ...
Deep inside a mountain on a remote island in the Svalbard archipelago, halfway between mainland Norway and the North Pole, lies the Global Seed Vault. It is a long-term seed storage facility, built to stand the test of time — and the challenge of natural or man-made disasters. The Seed Vault represents the world’s largest collection of crop ...
Top 10 results many people are interested in
· Today the Svalbard Global Seed Vault in Norway celebrates the 10th anniversary of its official opening. The Norwegian government has planned to spend about $13 million to upgrade the vault.
· CNN's Arwa Damon gives a behind the scenes tour of the "Doomsday" seed vault in Norway, that many believe to be the key to mankind's survival. ... Inside the Svalbard Seed Vault - Duration ...
· Inside The Global Seed Vault, Where The History And Future Of Agriculture Is Stored Seeds on Ice author Cary Fowler describes the underground tunnel near …
The last seed standing. The Svalbard Global Seed Vault is located on the island of Spitsbergen, the largest in the Svalbard archipelago, which surprisingly was not chosen for its stark aspect: Indeed, Spitsbergen cruises are one of the most popular Arctic trips for viewing polar bears and glacial fjords. Rather, it is the island’s geological stability, low humidity, geopolitical isolation ...
Millions of these tiny brown specks, from more than 930,000 varieties of food crops, are stored in the Global Seed Vault on Spitsbergen, part of Norway’s Svalbard archipelago.
· inside the svalbard global seed vault, and why the world's most important room might be under threat With biodiversity dramatically decreasing due to a global monoculturing of agriculture , the circa 1750 gene banks or ‘crop diversity’ collections all over the world, in which the immense variety of seeds -and mainly the threatened ones- are ...
Buried deep inside an Arctic mountain in Norway, the Svalbard Global Seed Vault was built to safeguard the world’s food inventory, no matter what Mother Nature or other forces throw at it. Earthquakes, war, floods, even the dreaded malfunctioning freezer. It doesn’t matter.
The Svalbard Global Seed Vault is a secure seed bank on the Norwegian island of Spitsbergen near Longyearbyen in the remote Arctic Svalbard archipelago, about 1,300 kilometres (810 mi) from the North Pole. Conservationist Cary Fowler, in association with the Consultative Group on International Agric
SVALBARD GLOBAL SEED VAULT VIRTUAL REALITY TOUR - Deep inside a mountain on a remote island in the Svalbard archipelago lies the Global Seed Vault. The Vault is the ultimate insurance policy for the world’s food supply, offering options for future generations to overcome the challenges of climate change and population growth. It will secure, for centuries, millions of seeds representing ...
· The outside temperature has slipped close to the -18C level inside the Vault, but the effects of the climate crisis can clearly be felt in this land of extremes. Today it was an incredibly unseasonable high of 1C. The Svalbard Seed Vault has just …
· Inside the Svalbard Global Seed Vault. CBS News “The most important thing is that it represents everything that wheat can be in the future,” Fowler said.
Hidden approximately 400 feet deep inside a mountain on a remote island between mainland Norway and the North Pole, the Svalbard Global Seed Vault is designed to come to our rescue if that happens.
Top Trending Game Searches