The best websites voted by users
About Dustoff / Medevac. The Vietnam War posed a unique logistical challenge to the military leaders. The war was fought in triple canopy jungle terrain and bad weather, there were constant guerilla attacks and the front line changed from day to day. Often vehicles traveling on the roads were subject to landmines, ambushes and poor road conditions,...
Dustoff in Vietnam was a crew of four dedicated (and most people would likely say, "certifiably insane") men that flew unarmed helicopters to the front line and beyond to rescue wounded soldiers. The mission for Dustoff was to get the wounded soldiers out of harm's way, save their life by providing basic medical care, and get them to the nearest or best hospital to treat their wounds.
Dustoff Units in Vietnam. Looking for information on this and other units that served or supported the Air War in SEA. If you have a story, scans of aircraft, bases, ships, unit personnel, insignia or operations that you would like to see posted on these pages please contact the webmaster at the mailbox below.
Dustoff. The very term conjures images of unarmed helicopter ambulances swooping down into hotly contested landing zones (LZs) under intense enemy fire to pluck the wounded from certain death. Thanks to Dustoff, or aeromedical evacuation, American and Allied seriously wounded during the Vietnam War …
DUSTOFF RELATED. 15th Medical Battalion Association - The 15th Medical Battalion Association was formed to remember and honor the members of the 15th Med Bn, 1st Cavalry Division who served in combat and flew Medevac.. The legacy of 'Dustoff' pilots of the Vietnam War - Media article by Seth Robson of The Stars and Stripes about DUSTOFF and some of its members.
Top 10 results many people are interested in
Those who served in Dustoff or Medevac units during the Vietnam War are warmly welcomed into our organization. Years have passed since we last laid our lives on the line in order for others to have an opportunity at continued life. The ranks of those who survived their combat tours have been diminished by longevity and health .
Feb 27, 2020 - Explore douglasfonnesbe's board "Vietnam Dustoff (air ambulance)" on Pinterest. See more ideas about Vietnam, Vietnam war and Vietnam war photos.
The Association derives its name, DUSTOFF, from the radio call sign given to the first aeromedical helicopter evacuation unit in Vietnam, the 57th Medical Detachment (Hel Amb), which arrived in-country in 1962. The 57th initially communicated internally on any vacant frequency it could find.
According to official statistics from many sources only 1 out of 10 soldiers experienced any combat in the Vietnam War and I saw this with my own eyes in Nam in 1970 when I occasionally was sent to the large coastal bases at Qui Nhon, Da Nang, Nha Trang and Cam Ranh Bay on …
COIN COLLECTORS: The DUSTOFF Association has minted a Hall of Fame coin. These are a limited edition minting of only 500. Order your Hall of Fame coin now for $15 plus shipping and handling. This is the second in a series coin with CW4 Mike Novosel as the Hall of …
The DUSTOFF Association is a nonprofit organization for Army Medical Department enlisted and officer personnel, aviation crewmembers, and others who are (or ever were) engaged in (or actively supported in any capacity) Army aeromedical evacuation programs in war or peace.
Mac. To take a screenshot with your Mac, Command + Shift + 3 and then release all keys to captuer the whole screen, or press Command + Shift + 4 and press down and …
· "I need a Dustoff!" became an all-too-familiar call on the airwaves of Vietnam. Now take off with your rescue helicopter and search and save the life of the wounded soldiers in the field, often ...
· Dustoff Vietnam challenges you to take off in your rescue chopper to search for, and rescue, wounded soldiers in desperate need of help. The destiny and survival of your comrades is in your control, and pay careful attention to the environment, as enemy soldiers are on watch just waiting for an opportunity to take you down.
· The United States Army Medical Department Center of History and Heritage presents "When I Have Your Wounded" subtitled "The DUSTOFF …
· This slideshow is about the 498th Medical Company (Dust Off), Lane Army Heliport, An Son, Republic of Vietnam. I was stationed with the 498th during my tour of duty in Vietnam…
· MARCH 2011 - Many wounded soldiers on a battle field in Vietnam were desperate to get urgent medical attention. The US Army designated a special mission for the retrieval of personnel and it was to become famously known as DUST OFF!This extensively researched article details the missions, development and history and crew flightgear.DUST OFF!
· THE DUST OFF - VIETNAM VETERAN NEAL STANLEY - Duration: 8:00. Chad Skinner 488 views. 8:00. Dustoff - 82d Med Det 45th Med Co (1969) - …
· Inbound DUSTOFF to pick up Canadian WIAs in deadly Panjwayi area, Afghanistan. Huey was just assigned to us its last unit was DC NG. Aircraft next to it is new HH-60M which just arrived from Sikorsky. Took the opportunity for a picture of the "Torch Being Passed". Submitted by T Davis. Big Island of Hawaii.
Here’s our ultimate list of the top travel apps you need on your phone when you travel the world, from the moment you begin to plan to when you find yourself overwhelmed with abundant options in a great location. Hopper – Advanced Travel Booking App. This is one for the planners. Travel can be very expensive, but there are a few tricks and ...
Top Trending Game Searches